Now let’s build an underwater scene where we will be able to write a couple parameterized methods that allow us to make the fish do interesting things without having to have a lot of copied code.
1) Download and save the following Alice world: Starter_Module_4_Practice_Problem.a2w.
2) Save the world in your Module 4 and 5 folder and open it in Alice.
3) Save as: lastName_firstInitial-FishEscape-V1.
The world should look like this:
4) Watch this video.: [Fish Escape] With your partner, write down what happens step by step. You will be replicating this video in your world!
5) Add the following methods to your world:
Note that GetScared and SwimAway should have an Object parameter to represent whichFish should be acted upon!
7) Now work with your partner to decide which steps (written in #4) should be coded in which method.
8) Finally, start converting the steps you've written into code. Be sure to test your code as you create each method. Remember to call your methods in my first method.
Make sure your world looks exactly like the video! Call your teacher over to watch your world once you've completed this step.
9) After you get teacher approval, make a copy of your world named lastName_firstInitial-FishEscape-V2
10) Watch this video and modify your world so that you add a new method (with the necessary parameters) so that it matches the video! Video: Fish Escape V2
Once you're done, call over your teacher for final approval before uploading your program to Canvas. Remember to back up your program on Google Drive before DELETING your code off the computer.